Dinner Club: B. Smith

 

Years ago, I enjoyed watching a television show called B. Smith with Style. She always had interesting interviews, food, and lifestyle tips. Recently, I saw her on Twitter, so I took a look at her website and suggested her for our next celebrity chef meal.

The website isn't the most user-friendly, but we did enjoy the dinner that we made using her recipes. I made my first Red Velvet Cake. It's surprising how little cocoa powder the recipe called for and how much red food coloring. It was the end of my bottle of red food coloring, so the cake wasn't as red as it should have been, but it was still good.

I'd like to find a way to make the cake red with something more natural. I'd rather not use beet juice, because I don't like beets and I don't want to go the way of Starbucks either. There's got to be a better way. I wonder if strawberry juice would work?


Above is a picture of our dinner and the recipes.

Chicken Cutlet Parmesan
Roasted Plum Tomato Soup
Tomato, Watercress and Endive Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Stuffed Cabbage
Potatoes Au Gratin
Red Velvet Cake

Who is our next celebrity chef? Martha Stewart!


*Updated 7/21/2014* Broken links were removed, so unfortunately there are no links to the dishes above.

Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2012. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Follow me on Twitter. Join me on Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts