Please Don't Harass Vegetable Bringing People



By now, you probably heard that Taco Bell pulled their ad making fun of people bringing vegetables to Super Bowl parties. The Center For Science In The Public Interest (CSPI) released the official statement below.
"It's bad enough that there aren't many ads on television for broccoli, kale, or carrots. The last thing healthy fruits and vegetables needed was to be the subject of attack ads. We are delighted that Taco Bell is pulling an ad that urged people not to bring veggie trays to their Super Bowl parties, but to instead bring 12-packs of Taco Bell's tacos. Thanks to Taco Bell for responding with record speed to address nutritionists' and consumers' concern over this ad campaign."
Here are a couple of comments in reaction to an article.

"Welcome to the 21st century, where nothing can be said that offends even a single person, even if that person is a crudite."

"As a crudite, your comment offends me."

While I'm no fan of Taco Bell, I can't say that I find the ad particularly offensive. People who bring vegetables to Super Bowl parties know what they're doing. Probably a few people like the veggies and snack on them. The rest simply ignore them. I usually bring dessert wherever I go, so I can't be too judgy.

Comments? Thoughts? Super Bowl menu ideas?


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2013. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter. Join me on Facebook.
~ Amazon Store ~

Comments

Popular Posts