Single Serving Maple Apple Cider Sandwich Cookies


Have you seen this video Pumpkin Spice? It's hilarious, except for the strange racial thing at the end.

Anyway, even though I'm supposedly not in the pumpkin demographic, I actually am. Every fall I go a little nuts over all things pumpkin.

Since there are two or three non-pumpkin loving people out there, I decided to create something sweet and seasonal sans pumpkin. Apple cider and maple were the first things to come to mind.

After seeing this recipe, I started thinking ice cream sandwich cookie. But the recipe would need to be fast and I would not be making or buying ice cream. So I figured a simple sandwich cookie would be fun. I never make them, so it would be different. I grabbed my Field Guide to Cookies and found a recipe for Maple Cookies that was easy to adapt and shrink down to just make a few cookies.

The apple cider cream filling I came up with was a cinch as well.  These were so good! I'll definitely make them again. The recipe made four small sandwich cookies, but you could make them bigger and have two large sandwich cookies. Here's the recipe below.

Single Serving Maple Apple Cider Sandwich Cookies

 Ingredients + Instructions

Set aside a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Maple Cookies

1/2 cup flour (I used a mixture of all-purpose and whole wheat)
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3 T softened Smart Balance (margarine or butter, etc.)
2 T brown sugar
1 T maple syrup

Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Chill cookie dough in freezer for about 15 minutes. I kept the dough in the bowl and didn't even put plastic wrap over it. Remove the dough and form into balls. Place on cookie sheet, then bake for 10-12 minutes.

When you remove the cookies, flatten them with a spatula. Let cool for a few minutes.

Apple Cider Cream Filling

1/4 cup powdered sugar
pinch of salt
2 tsp. apple cider

Combine ingredients in a small bowl until very smooth. Turn four of the cookies over and spread cream filling on them. Top with remaining cookies. Enjoy!


Anali's First Amendment © 2006-2013. All rights reserved.
This Post’s Link
Subscribe to blog posts. Follow me on Twitter.
Join me on Facebook.
Shopping on Amazon today? If so, please consider starting here and help support this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts